Rich Apartment Search Experience for iPhone and iPod touch
CHICAGO (July 6, 2009) – Apartments.com, the nation’s leading rental resource, today announced the launch of its new application on the Apple App Store. Whether looking for an apartment across the street or across the country, renters can now use their iPhone or iPod touch to find a new place to live. By delivering instant access to millions of apartments through location-based searches in a visually-enhanced media format including walk through videos, photos, floorplans and integrated mapping, the Apartments.com app puts the nation’s richest apartment content in the palm of the user’s hand.
“Unique features like walk through videos, photos, floorplans and integrated mapping allow us to offer a superior apartment search experience for iPhone and iPod touch users,” said Chris Brown, vice president of product management at Apartments.com. “Apartments.com has provided access to its listings from all web-enabled phones including the iPhone since 2008. This app for iPhone and iPod touch is an extension of our mobile strategy that enables us to deliver our listings in a multimedia format that will change the way users discover and rent property.”
The Apartments.com application features include:
- The most comprehensive and vivid database of millions of apartments around the country
- GPS technology for on-the-go renters looking for an apartment nearby, or location-based search options by city/state or zip code
- Walkthrough video tours that bring apartments to life as if the user were touring the property in person
- Professional photography and detailed floorplans
- Integrated mapping by Google Maps
- Phone and email contact information for apartment properties and communities
- Saved search functionality providing renters with easy access to saved apartment searches
- Customized searches that allow renters to search by number of bedrooms, bathrooms, rent, pet policies, parking and more!
The Apartments.com iPhone(IM) application is now available free of charge in the Apple App Store.
The app is the latest addition to the established suite of mobile solutions offered by Apartments.com. Since Apartments.com launched its mobile Web site in 2008, more than half a million mobile users have visited the site and viewed more than 4.5 million pages –and 30 percent of that traffic has come from iPhone and iPod touch users. Apartments.com has effectively reached approximately 150,000 iPhone and iPod touch users through its mobile Web site prior to launching its iPhone app.